Thursday 13 June 2013

Pad Thai

I've found myself wanting to try new dishes over the last few weeks, and I knew this was one of them as soon as I saw the packet of rice noodles at the shops. This was the recipe on the back of the packet, and I stir fried some chicken before I proceeded with the main dish.



150g Pad Thai Rice Noodles
300g cooked chicken, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finally chopped
2 tbsp chopped spring onions
1-2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp chopped chives
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
juice of 1 lemon
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bean sprouts, soaked in water
coriander to garnish

Place the Pad Thai Rice Noodles into boiling water, cook for 6-8 minutes until soft then drain.

Finely chop the garlic and onions, fry gently in peanut oil until transparent.

Add all the remaining ingredients except the egg and bean sprouts and continue to fry.

Add egg slowly and continue to mix. Add the drained bean sprouts and continue to fry for 30 seconds.

Garnish with coriander and serve hot.

No comments: